Expand your Defiance experience with the first add-on pack, Castithan Charge Pack
Defiance has, at this point, defied expectations of how a show and a video game license can co-exist, and play off of each other. It was already known that Defiance the game would eventually have additional content available, since the game allowed users to purchase a Season Pass when it originally came out. Looks like Trion is delivering on the first one.
The Castithan Charge Pack will give players a host of new additions to the game, however, even those that don't purchase it will get benefits from it once it goes live.
The free content available to everyone is as follows:
- New Charge Weapons – shotguns, sniper rifles and pistols
- Sieges -- a new type of dynamic content mode that combines Capture-and-Hold control points with kill scores, as enemies invade various mission locations, forcing players to band together to hold them off
- New Monolith Major Arkfall – highly challenging arkfall event with a tough new boss and loot
- Military Academy – a new player-versus-player capture and hold map
- Duels Game Mode – challenge your friends online in one-on-one combat
- Additional in-game changes, including newly enhanced map, and new chat window
Players who purchase the Castithan Charge Pack will receive access to the following:
- Play as the alien Castithan Species – create a new character or change your existing one
- New Battle Arena Game Mode – an instanced single player “horde mode”-style game that opens up a new story mission line, Castithan Charge Blade weapon and in-game item
- Unique version of the Raptor – a new four passenger truck designed to help small groups of arkhunters to quickly traverse the terraformed Bay Area
- Unique Castithan outfit
- New Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3 system Achievements and Trophies
The Castithan Charge Pack will be available August 20th for $9.99 across all three platforms.